- News & Events
- Gift Shop
Built in 1928, the Robin to its’ advantage, was similar to the popular Spirit of Saint Louis.
Curtiss used the OX-5 engine and with over 300 Robins in the air, saw the need for the greater horsepower Challenger engine as well as a seaplane version.
By 1930 over 700 Robins were built, at a rate of about 17 per week, and Robins were a familiar sight at airports around the country.
The C-1 carried 50 gallons of fuel for a range of 510 miles or 5hours of flight.